Dr. James J. McKenna, PhD, director of the Mother-Baby Behavioral Sleep Laboratory at the University of Notre Dame shares:
– The science and history of co-sleeping,
- The need to define the terminology
- Why public policy is based on social norms instead of science,
- Why public policy is unethical, as it withholds information about cosleeping
- WHY THIS IS ALL GETTING READY TO CHANGE AS BREASTFEEDING RATES INCREASE
- And how parents can become empowered and stand up for what is essentially a civil right: to make your conscious parenting choices according to science and not unethical public policy and uninformed social norms.
This video is a Trail Marker Moment from Pathways to Family Wellness Magazine.
Find support for your conscious parenting choices with a local, Pathways Connect Gathering Group.
For more information on co-sleeping, including a complete inventory of FAQs and articles, visit Dr. McKenna at the Mother-Baby Sleep Behaviorial Laboratory, University of Notre Dame.
Film videography by Keith Reagan.